The Best WordPress Donation & Fundraising Plugin
We believe that collecting online donations should be easy and affordable. That’s why Charitable is makes it painless to create and publish high-converting donation forms and fundraising campaigns on your website.
With Charitable, you can create fundraising campaigns in minutes, whether you need a donation form for your regular ongoing donations, you’re raising money for a time-sensitive need, or you are collecting donations for a specific fundraising goal.
Charitable is the top-rated WordPress donation plugin available, with 5-star reviews from 100+ happy users.
Join 10,000+ non-profits getting more donations from their websites and growing their online fundraising campaigns with Charitable.
Grow your online fundraising platform faster with a Charitable Pro plan that has support for recurring donations, peer to peer fundraising, email marketing integrations, gateway fee recovery and much more. Click here to unlock Charitable Pro, the most powerful WordPress fundraising plugin available.
Unlimited fundraising campaigns
Set up as many campaigns as you would like with Charitable and tailor them to your needs:
- Create as many fundraising campaigns as you need.
- Set fundraising and donation goals for your campaigns.
- Create time-sensitive fundraising campaigns that end automatically when they’re finished.
- Inherits your theme’s styles for seamless integration.
Customisable donation forms
You can completely customize your online fundraising and donation form experience.
- Provide suggested amounts, allow people to donate as much as they want, or do both.
- Load donation forms in a modal, on a separate page, or on the same page as the campaign.
- Shorten your donation forms by just showing required fields.
- Embed a donation form on any page.
PayPal donation forms made simple
Start accepting donations through PayPal without hiring a developer.
- Add your PayPal address and you’re done.
- Donors use the secure, familiar PayPal interface to finalise their donation.
- Automatically track a donation’s status after the donor completes their donation.
Stripe donation forms made simple
Start accepting credit card donations through Stripe without hiring a developer.
- One-click Connect with Stripe flow to begin accepting credit card donations on your site.
- Use an onsite credit form or use Stripe Checkout to alllow for quick and painless donations from your donors.
- Automatically track a donation’s status after the donor completes their donation.
More ways to give
Collect donations via check, bank transfer or any other offline method.
- Provide your donor with clear instructions for making their offline donation.
- Send a unique offline donation receipt to donors after they create an offline donation.
- Choose from 10+ additional payment gateways through one of our Pro paid plans.
GDPR-ready WordPress donation plugin
Make your donation forms GDPR compatible in just a few clicks.
- Add a Privacy notice and Terms & Conditions to your donation form.
- Charitable supports the personal data export & personal data eraser in WordPress.
- Compatible with the GDPR Cookie Compliance plugin.
Painless donation management
Create and edit donations directly in the WordPress dashboard. No add-on necessary!
- Resend donation emails.
- Sort and search donations in the dashboard.
- Export a CSV report of donations.
Easy to customise emails
Donation receipts, admin notifications and other emails are available out of the box.
- Easily customise your email subject lines, headlines and content.
- Add custom email tags for dynamic, personalised emails.
- Send a donation receipt and admin notification automatically for new donations.
- Send donors instructions for completing their offline donation.
- Send administrators an email when a fundraising campaign has finished.
- Password reset & email verification messages.
Why we made Charitable
We built Charitable because we were tired of seeing non-profits use hosted fundraising platforms that charge hefty fees and strip them of the ability to brand & control their donation pages. Other WordPress donation plugins existed, but they missed important functionality or were poorly supported, leaving non-profits to choose between expensive platforms or plugins lacking the features they really needed.
So we created & launched Charitable in 2015 as a feature-rich, affordable WordPress alternative to hosted fundraising platforms. Four years on, we still actively develop and support Charitable, which is trusted by over 10,000 non-profits all over the world.
Powerful donation features to grow your online fundraising
Looking for more donation form and fundraising functionality? Our Pro plans give you the flexibility and features you need to grow your fundraising efforts.
- Generate a reliable donation stream for your non-profit.
- Increase the lifetime value of donors.
- Integrated seamlessly with our PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net and PayFast payment gateways.
- Front end campaign submission form.
- Allow your supporters to create fundraising campaigns for your organisation.
- Grow your donation reach exponentially through your supporters’ network of friends and family.
Crowdfunding Platforms with WordPress
- Front end campaign submission form.
- Allow people to create crowdfunding campaigns for personal causes.
- Pay them automatically using Stripe Connect.
- Grow your donations by letting your donors cover the payment gateway fees.
- Supports PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.Net, Mollie, GoCardless, Windcave, Payrexx, PayFast and Paystack.
- Works with recurring donations.
Premium Payment Gateways
Email Marketing & Newsletter Integration
- Campaign Monitor
Automation with Zapier and Other Automation Platforms
- Connect your Charitable donation forms and fundraising campaigns to your favorite apps by creating automatic workflows with Zapier.
- Prefer another automation app to Zapier? Easily integrate with other automation platforms like Zoho Flow, Integromat or Automate.io through Webhook Subscriptions.
- PDF Receipts
- Annual Receipts
- Donor Comments
- Anonymous Donations
- Gift Aid
- Easy Digital Downloads
- User Avatar
- Simple Updates
Click here to upgrade to Pro and get all the features you need to get more donations from your donation forms.
Join our community
When you download Charitable, you are joining over 10,000 other non-profits, developers and fundraising professionals across the globe. We regularly cast a spotlight on the amazing things people in the Charitable community are doing in our newsletter and social media.
Using Charitable in a language other than English? Help us make Charitable better for you by contributing to the translation project in your language.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Charitable > Add Campaign to create your first campaign!
Can I accept donations directly on my site?
Yes you can! If you use PayPal, donors will be redirected to PayPal to complete their donation. However, you can use the Offline Donations gateway to allow your donors to create a donation and make the payment via cheque or bank transfer (you can display your payment details to them).
Better yet, let your donors make credit card donations directly on your WordPress website with the following payment gateway extensions:
Want to use a different payment gateway? Click here to let us know!
How do I add a grid of fundraising campaigns to my page?
Easy. Just add
[campaigns]into your page content. Read more.
How do I add a donation form to a page?
You can use the
[charitable_donation_form]shortcode to embed a particular campaign’s donation form on a page. Read more
Can I collect recurring donations with Charitable?
You can accept monthly, quarterly or semi-annually or annually recurring donations with the Recurring Donations extension. This works with PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.Net and PayFast.
Can I run peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns with Charitable?
Indeed you can! Charitable is the best way to run peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns with WordPress. Peer-to-peer fundraisers are supported with our Ambassadors extension
Can I let donors pay the gateway processing fees?
Yes. Our Fee Relief extension adds support for this, with the option to set how fees are calculated for different payment gateways. Read more
You certainly can. The Newsletter Connect extension supports MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, ActiveCampaign, Mailerlite, MailPoet and Mailster.
Does WP Charitable work with WooCommerce?
No. WP Charitable is a standalone donation and fundraising plugin and does not integrate with WooCommerce.
Can I translate Charitable into my language?
You can. Charitable has full localisation support through the
charitabletextdomain. All Charitable extensions are also fully translatable.
Contribute to the translation project in your language and help us make Charitable better for everyone!
How do I get support?
You can post in the support forum or reach us via our support form.
Contributors & Developers
“Donation Forms by Charitable – Donations Plugin & Fundraising Platform for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Donation Forms by Charitable – Donations Plugin & Fundraising Platform for WordPress” has been translated into 13 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Donation Forms by Charitable – Donations Plugin & Fundraising Platform for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Donation Form & Fundraising Campaigns v220.127.116.11
- NEW: Added new filter (true/false) that can enable/disable (‘charitable_donations_donor_history_show’) showing donate history on donation edit pages.
- FIX: Resolved bug that prevented seeing update changelog for new verisons of the core plugin in plugins page while Charitable was activated.
- FIX: Resolved fatal error in some scenarios with the donation history beta on donation edit pages.
- FIX: Removed test code and minor code cleanup.
Donation Form & Fundraising Campaigns v18.104.22.168
- NEW: Add JS hook in Charitable Stripe to allow future functionality with Spam Blocker plugin
- NEW: Add filter to determine if submit button should be shown on donation form (charitable_show_donation_form_button)
- NEW (BETA): Campaign Summary Settings – change text of donate button on campaign page, hide the four values
- FIX: Setting drop box widths adjusted
- FIX: Tweak import/export tools for when there are no campaigns or donations to export
- FIX: Tweak calculations for the donor history beta in certain scenarios
- FIX: Reset the suggestion donations form to default setting when browser goes back in browser history, in some scenarios
- FIX: Suggested donation bug fixes
- FIX: Improvements and bug fixes relating to built-in Charitable profile avatars
- FIX: Fixes a bug where Charitable was interrupting license confirmation via Ajax with several WordPress plugins.
- FIX: Correct date/month format in alert message when you input an incorrect data format for campaign/donation filters and exports in the admin.
- FIX: Fix campaign and donation export issue where it was reporting “incorrect date format” when the format was actually correctly entered (timezone issue).
- FIX: Stray error_log() functions now wrapped in CHARITABLE_DEBUG
- FIX: Fix bug that was auto-forcing minimal donation limit upon donation form submit to $1 when using Stripe in certain scenarios.
- FIX: Instead of assuming WordPress admin has date format set properly on WordPress settings page, Charitable uses it’s own default to display donation dates.
Donation Form & Fundraising Campaigns v22.214.171.124
- NEW: Updated date formats for campaign filters and campaign export forms to yyyy/mm/dd.
- NEW: CSS updates to labels on the donation overview screen.
- NEW: Replaced text field for “highighlight color” in General Settings with a color picker.
- NEW: Updated Advanced Settings tab and added third party warnings to things “clear cache” can wipe.
- NEW (BETA): Third party warnings are one-time dismissible messages alerting to potential issues with installed plugins based on support feedback, such as code snippet plugins.
- NEW (BETA): Added “donor history” metabox to the donation overview screen for admins to see other donations from same potential donor.
- FIX: Improved reliability of the default suggested donation feature in introduced in 126.96.36.199.
- FIX: Resolved a potential vulnerability in filter and export fields on campaign and donation WordPress admin list pages.
Donation Form & Fundraising Campaigns v188.8.131.52
- NEW (BETA): Import and export donations and campaigns in new “tools” tab in Charitable settings.
- NEW (BETA): Minimum donation location, notice display location, and default highlight color settings in general tab.
- NEW: New “Clear Cache” checkbox in “Advanced” Tab – includes ability to remove “stuck upgrade message”.
- FIX: Minor font and spacing adjustments to settings CSS.
- FIX: Resolved some PHP depreciation warnings that would appear on PHP 8.2.
Donation Form & Fundraising Campaigns v184.108.40.206
- FIX: Resolve issue when a license is asked for when updating the core plugin.
View entire donation form and fundraising platform changelog