A plugin to help out the default WordPress REST API Data.
Please visit my YouTube Channel. I publish WordPress development related videos regularly. The channel name is Robiz Show
Post & Pages
- Get feature image url of a post. [ Full, Large, Medium, Thumbnail ]
- Get publish date in a human readable format.
- Get author details which includes user_nicename, user_url.
- Get post terms object. That includes term id, name, slug, description, parent, post count and url.
- Featured image source stated as
featured_image_srcwith multiple variations [ Full, Large, Medium, Thumbnail ].
- Post published date in more readable format stated as
published_on(e.g: Feb 20, 2020)
- Author details stated as
- Post terms stated as
post_terms. This contains an array of objects of the terms.
* Featured image source stated as
featured_image_src with multiple variations [ Full, Large, Medium, thumbnail ).
* Provides full menu list of a theme based on menu location. object contains parent and its child information.
* Provides the widget area list associated with the widgets.
* Provides the general information about the site.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wp-rest-api-helperdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin
- (Make your instructions match the desired user flow for activating and installing your plugin. Include any steps that might be needed for explanatory purposes)
Contributors & Developers
“WP REST API Helper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Version – 1.0.0
- Initial release.
Release Version – 2.0.0
- Internal plugin structure changed.
Release Version – 2.0.1
- Plugin updater added.
Release Version – 2.0.2
- Permission callback fixed for the REST API.
- In post author details updated.
- In page author details updated.
- In menus type_label & slug updated.