Tipsy Social Icons is a WordPress widget that makes it easy to include a variety of social icons and custom labels into your WordPress blog or site. It includes both 16×16 and 32×32 variations of the icons and optional hover effects.
Tipsy Social Icons allows you to:
- Define a custom URL for each image
- Easily customize each icons label
- Modify the placement of the tooltip
- …and much more!
The plugin includes the following icons:
- Deviant Art
- Stack Overflow
Don’t forget to check our other cool plugins
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ Plugin Dashboard
tipsy-social-icons.zipfrom your computer
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugin Dashboard
tipsy-social-icons.zipto your computer
- Upload the
tipsy-social-iconsdirectory to your
- Activate the plugin on the WordPress Plugins dashboard
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tipsy Social Icons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changing plugin ownership
- Changing plugin ownership
- Removing donate link
- Adding adopt-me tag
- WordPress 3.8 compatibility
- Added support for 500px
- Moved screenshots out of plugin directory for a lighter download
- Minor improvements to coding conventions
- Updated icons for Instagram, Yammer, and Behance with improved transparency.
- Props to @traukainehm for the icon updates.
- Added support for Yammer
- Updating the donate URL
- Updated localization files
- Continued resolution with the widget dashboard and the public display of the plugin
- Rolling back changes that broke the plugin in 3.5.
- Added a namespace for filters and dried up the code (via @justnorris)
- Added new filters and actions (via @justnorris)
- Added the ability to programmatically edit, add, and remove icons from the list (via @justnorris)
- Updating the list of available icons in the README (StumbleUpon)
- Minor localization update
- For the technical changes see this commit and this commit.
- Thanks to Branco for the Slovak translation (WebHostingGeeks.com)
- Added icons for Behance
- Added icons for Instagram
- Improvements to localization
- Adding icons for MixCloud
- Updating StumbleUpon icon
- Confirming support for WordPress 3.5
- Updating the donate link
- Updating a small typo in the README
- Adherence to the WordPress Coding Standards
- Improved admin user interface
- Added the ability to completely disable tooltips
- Remove the Posterous icon
- Added icons for Evernote, GitHub, Picasa, Rdio, Stack Overflow, Stumble Upon, Yelp, and ZooTool
- Updated screenshots
- Added a new screenshot
- Added a plugin header image
- Renaming plugin as ‘WP Social Icons Lite’
- Adding a new screenshot
- Updating existing screenshot
- Adding support for Pinterest
- Adding a new option for tooltip position
- Updating localization
- Minor admin UI improvements
- Verifying 3.3.1 compatibility
- Fixing a class name error
- Addition of the Tumblr icon
- Refresh of the Twitter icon
- Notices about the premium version, WP Social Icons.
- Improving minor problem with Google+ support
- Activated support for DeviantArt
- Added support for FourSquare
- Fixing a problem with invalid headers.
- Added support for Google+
- Tested WP3.2 compatibility
- Added support for SoundCloud
- Updated the widget admin display to display a proper description
- Added icons for Deviant Art, GitHub, and Stack Overflow
- Removed the fading of the Tipsy tooltips. In some cases, the jQuery event queue would back up and cause erroneous results with the tips.
- Initial release