Have you ever been annoyed by being not able to insert a new item as submenu parent or to delete menu items without opening the menu item panel? A free and easy to use plugin saving you time working in WordPress.
- You can delete menu items in a 1-click process instead of opening the menu item panel.
- You can move the menu items in 1-click process without opening the panel.
- You see via icons on the left sidebar if a page, post, category etc. is already used in the current menu.
- You see the used menu items by hovering over the items in the left sidebar.
- You have the possibility to do quick inserts of menu items, where you can place them at the position you like.
- You can modify the behavior of inserting/moving elements downwards.
- It shows you additionally the original name of a menu item on the outer level like in the opened panel.
- Saves you a lot of time by reducing clicks not needed to work with the menu items in the backend.
- It´s free and easy to use.
Inserting/moving menu items downwards is enriched by two new behaviors. Moving/inserting rightwards, upwards is the same as provided by WordPress.
Leftwards moving/inserting is a special case. The leftwards functionality is nearly the same as provided by WordPress expect the scenario when
the menu item becomes a menu parent and create a submenu by moving one step left.
The different behaviors can be seen in the Screenshots section.
When choosing this behavior menu items will be inserted/moved after submenus. The default behavior provided by WordPress inserts/moves the menu item into the submenu.
If you move/insert a menu item and the next menu item is the parent of a submenu it will stay on the same level, but the position is after the submenu.
Take-children elements behavior
When choosing this behavior menu items will become new submenu parents when inserted/moved if they would become the parent of the submenu children elements.
This is true for downwards/leftwards moving/inserting.
Quick insert multiple menu items
It can be very handy to insert multiple menu items to a specific menu element to create a submenu.
The plugin is compatible with a multisite setup.
Future roadmap & wishlist
By future updates the plugin´s functionality will be enriched.
If you have any suggestion please hit me an email
Want to help improve the plugin feel free to submit PRs via Bitbucket here.
Quick and easy installation:
- Upload the folder
simplify-menu-usageto your plugin directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That´s it!
How to get started?
The plugin provides the functionality for existing menus. If you create a new menu you need to insert at least one menu item and save it. Afterwards the functionality will be applied.
What does this plugin do?
This plugin reduces clicks required to delete, move, insert menu items into a menu in the admin dashboard.
It provides info which items are already used and shows the original name on the outer level.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simplify Menu Usage” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Birth of Simplify Menu Usage: Stable Version