Simple Carousel enables an image carousel, with each slide that could be manually defined or automatically generated from posts in a category. It features a forward and backward button, and skip to slide buttons on the bottom.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- What features does this carousel have?
Move forward/backwards buttons.
Skip to specific slide buttons.
Multiple carousels can be used per page.
- How do I make a carousel with manually defined slides?
Each slide is defined with three parameters: img, link and title. Each parameter has a follow number preceded by a _ to define which slide number it is, beginning at 0.
For example a carousel with two slides:
[simple_carousel img_0=“First slide image url” link_0=“First slide link url” title_0=“Title (alternative image tag) for first slide image” img_1=“Second slide image url” link_0=“Second slide link url” title_1=“Second slide text”]
- How do I make a carousel to display posts from a category?
[simple_carousel type=“category” category_name=“”]
Accepts parameters that the function get_posts uses (https://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/get_posts) to further refine which posts are displayed.
- What other parameters does this shortcode accept?
class: adds the value to the div.carousel class tag for CSS styling, ex: “float-left”
width: width of the carousel, usually defined in px, ex: “960px”, default: “100%”
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Carousel” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple Carousel” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- CSS and JS are enqueued when the function is called
- Redesigned the animation to be simpler and more reliable
- Basic swipe left/right on mobile
- Initial release