WordPress 4.5 added the ability to login using the registered user’s email address in place of the username. When this plugin is active, the ability to login using the email address in place of the username is removed, and the label of the input field is changed to reflect this.
- Upload the plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
What levels of support are available?
You can receive free support for the plugin if you have problems getting it working. To access this please open a new topic on the plugin support forum all communication must take place on the forum for free support.
If you require a greater level of support than can be provided on the plugin support forum on WordPress.org – eg you prefer not to post the url, you can request non-free support via the paid email support form for cubecolour plugins form.
Where is the plugin’s admin page?
There isn’t one. This is a lightweight plugin with no options.
Are there any other free cubecolour plugins?
Yes, if you like this plugin, you may like some of my other plugins in the WordPress.org plugins directory. You can see these listed on my profile page under the ‘plugins’ tab.
I am using the plugin and I love it, how can I show my appreciation?
You can donate any amount via my donation page.
If you find No login by email address useful, I would also appreciate a review on the plugin review page
Contributors & Developers
“No Login by Email Address” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Support for WooCommerce added
- WP 4.7+ updates the default input label from ‘Username or Email’ to ‘Username or Email Address’ so this new string is now replaced.
- New filter to remove reference to email address from the Username field label for login forms added using wp_login_form
- Initial Version