Adds the Google Analytics (GA4 included) code to your website and a little dashboard with realtime and historical data. It’s discrete, light, and just works.
If you, like me, are tired of all those Google Analytics related plugins trying to do too much, like forcing you to subscribe to a 3rd party service, cluttering your WordPress admin and slowing your website down, Meow Analytics will feel like a very welcomed ray of sunshine in winter! 🙂
Please let me know your feedback, issues, and requests. I will improve it little by little.
You can access to some of your analytics data directly in your WordPress dashboard (realtime and historical data). If you wish to do this, follow this tutorial. No worries: of course, it doesn’t use a 3rd-party service. I will never ever do that.
Have you used another analytics plugin before? Or maybe another type of plugin which asks you for the authorization to access some of your resources at Google? Please check your Google Permissions. You might want to remove the access you granted to those 3rd-party services.
Visit the Settings under Meow Apps > Analytics, enter your Google Analytics code, and that’s it. For more, please check the official page of the plugin: Meow Analytics.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Meow Analytics (Google Analytics)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Meow Analytics (Google Analytics)” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Update: Textual clarifications.
- Update: Compatibility with WP 6.
- Update: UI enhancements.
- Note: The plugin has been perfectly stable for a while now 🙂 Feel free to use it on all your websites (I already do!). And if you are happy with Meow Analytics, thanks a lot for writing a little review for it.
- Update: Admin and compatibility WP 3.9.
- Update: Admin and common files updated.
- Fix: Analytics was not being displayed on the dashboard for new installs.
- Update: Brand new admin, cleaner and more dynamic.
- Update: Seems like replacing Lodash was killing the Dashboard (more exactly, chartjs), but that was only happening when another lodash was used somewhere else. Weird issue, but hopefully that is fixed.
- Update: Support for new WP.
- Update: Little code cleaning.
- Add: Today’s historical data per hour.
- Fix: Better management of errors for the dashboard.
- Update: Perform less requests per day to avoid to reach the maximum quota.
- Fix: Now renew the token successfully and re-use it in realtime in the dashboard.
- Update: Many improvements in the code.
- Add: Option to track the logged-in users.
- Update: Much better success/error checks, with messages.
- Fix: Long token doesn’t work on the JS side, so I am using short token now, which are renewed automatically when needed.
- Info: Sorry for the regular updates; I am working on making the base of this plugin really strong, with good error checks. Please contact me if you have any issue or feedback.
- Note: If you are happy with Meow Analytics and its direction, and would like to give me more motivation, please write a little review for Meow Analytics. Thank you so much.
- Update: Simplified and enhanced the process of linking the website with Google Analytics.
- Info: Any issue, please let me know. I would like to make this perfect and easy for everyone 🙂
- Add: Realtime/Historical tabs with dynamic charts.
- Update: Much better flow for auth, with error management.
- Update: Optimized the JS bundles to use React from WordPress, and many optimizations.
- First release.