- Lighten your WordPress website by optimizing source code.
- Remove WP emojies code. Remove “generator” meta tag. This plugin enables you to easily remove bunches of codes that is usually present on every page of your WordPress website but is rarely needed. Lighter and lean source code of the HTML pages generated by WordPress generally results in a faster load speed of the website itself.
- Enhance its usability by adding some analytics.
- Secondly, this plugin enables you to easily add some analytics, namely Google Analytics (gtag.js), Google Tag Manager (with some possible restrictions depending on how up to date is your theme) and Facebook pixel (general abilities, only your Pixel ID is needed. In case you need a more fine grained control, please use the official WordPress integration tool provided by Facebook).
- Upload and extract
- Activate the Light and Smart plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Light & Smart Setting under the Setting menu in WordPress admin interface to select your desired options.
July 31, 2020
Okay, I've tested the plugin. It works as said on the description. This plugin is for the tiny bits of kilobytes that was left unoptimized, cleaning the WP emojis (who use them these days?) and removed the generator meta tag. This is enough to like the plugin already. Secondly - for those who're installing heavy plugins just to include GA/GTM/FBP I believe this is an excellent option. Once when I used plugins for that I went trough couple and they were quite heavy for the only tasks that they have.
Contributors & Developers
“Light And Smart” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Light And Smart” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First public version of the plugin.