Automatically import entries from Gravity Forms into NationBuilder. For each entry on a configured form, this plugin will create a supporter (or update them, if they already existed) in your nation.
Note: You should only run this plugin on sites that support HTTPS. It uses the OAuth2 framework, which requires HTTPS, for authenticating with NationBuilder’s API.
Follow these steps to get started:
Authenticating with the NationBuilder API
- Install Gravity Forms if you haven’t already. You should be using version 1.9.16 or later.
- Navigate to the Gravity Forms settings page and find the “NationBuilder” subpage.
- Copy the Callback URL provided on this page – you’ll need it for the next step.
- In a separate window, register a new app inside NationBuilder: https://YOUR_NATION_SLUG.nationbuilder.com/admin/apps/new
- Save your Client ID, Client Secret, and nation slug on the Gravity Forms settings page.
- When the page reloads after saving, it will display a link. You must click this link to complete the OAuth process; it will redirect you back to the settings page.
Setting up Gravity Forms feeds
- Navigate to a single form’s settings page, and find the “NationBuilder” section. Create a feed if there are none.
- Give the feed a name – this can be something generic like “NationBuilder feed”.
- Follow the instructions on the page for mapping the form fields to the NationBuilder custom fields.
- Add a comma separated list of tags which will be added to each person for this feed. You can include values from the form by clicking the small dropdown box next to the field.
- Optionally, set a condition for when this feed should run. For example, you can set it to only run when an opt-in checkbox on the form is checked. You can also use conditional logic and multiple feeds to control how tags are added to a person.
Once the above steps are complete, your form(s) should be mapped to NationBuilder. To check if a form entry was successfully pushed to NationBuilder, check the “notes” section on the individual entry screen in the Gravity Forms admin area.
This plugin was built using the generator-plugin-wp tool built by WebDevStudios.
- Upload the entire
/gf-nb-importerdirectory to the
- Activate Importer for Gravity Forms and NationBuilder through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Importer for Gravity Forms and NationBuilder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Importer for Gravity Forms and NationBuilder” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- documentation update
- CSS fix – feed settings table overflow issue
- Bug fix – don’t attempt to pass empty tags to NB
- Bug fix – update to address new NationBuilder API security requirement
- Bug fix – PHP 5.3 compatibility
- Bug fix – Fatal error was caused when NB API returned an error
- New Feature – adding NationBuilder tags to people
- Bug fix – fatal error when Gravity Forms is not installed
- Bug fix – fatal error caused by require() statement with lower case class name
- Reorganize plugin structure, update readme.
- Initial release.