If Modified Since tells search engine spiders one of two things about a webpage:
- This webpage has not changed, no need to download again.
- This webpage has changed so download again because there is new information.
If the requested page has not been modified since the time specified by a search engine spider, a 304 (not modified) response will be returned without any message-body.
If you have any issues using If Modified Since, find a bug or have an idea to make the plugin even better then please help to improve If Modified Since.
If you don’t report it, I can’t fix it!
- Upload the
if-modified-sincefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- No need to configure, it just works!
- Do I need this when I already use a caching plugin like W3 Total Cache?
Some plugins like W3TC support the If-Modified-Since header, so there’s no need to install this plugin.
- How do I know if the plugin works after installing?
You can test If Modified Since here
Contributors & Developers
“If Modified Since” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Beta release