This is the first and only WordPress plugin that allows you to track Android cell phones in real time. You can watch the cell phones being tracked using google maps or OpenStreetView maps and you can store and reload routes easily for later viewing. The plugin is fully responsive and this means that it will display properly on any device such as a cell phone, tablet or desktop computer.
View a working sample of the plugin here:
Check out our new help forum here:
I hope you find this plugin useful, please rate it and leave a review. Thanks!
- Download the plugin and add it to your WordPress plugins directory.
- Add this shortcode to any page or post: [gps_tracker]
- Download Gps Tracker from the Google Play Store onto your Android cell phone and add your user name. Change the website url to your website.
That’s it! Click on the “Start Tracking” button and then go to your WordPress website and view your location on the map. Please note that it may take a couple of minutes for the first location to appear. If you are having trouble viewing your first location make sure you are outside and that there are not a lot of trees or something else covering your view of the sky. If it’s a really cloudy day, it may take a while to get your first location. This is normal behavior for all cell phones since they tend to have a smaller antenna than a dedicated gps device.
- I don’t see any of my locations on the map.
There can be many reasons for this but usually it means that you don’t have a clear view of the sky. This can be because of trees, tall buildings or even really cloudy weather. Gps cell phones do not work very well inside a building unless you are near a window. Try finding an open space with a clear view of the sky.
Some people have a problem with permissions in MySQL. If you are a developer and want to see of this is the problem, check out this issue on Github. Feel free to ask a question on that issue if you think it relates to you:
- I see three routes near Seattle, what do I do with those?
They are just a demo to show you how it works. You can safely delete them whenever you want.
- What is the “View All” button?
This allows you to view all of your routes that you have stored. To view an individual route either select the route from the drop down box or click on one of the markers.
- What is the “Auto Refresh” button?
Tapping on this will allow you to track your phone in real tine. The map will automatically be updated every minute.
- What is the drop down box below the map?
That shows all of your routes. For instance, suppose you track your phone on Monday for 3 hours and then Tuesday for 2 hours. You will then see two routes in the drop down box.
Contributors & Developers
“Gps Tracker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Gps Tracker” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.4, July 14, 2016
- Updated documentation to show new help forum, https://www.websmithing.com/forums/
1.0.3, September 29, 2015
- Can now be used with unlimited number of android phones
- Fixed Google Maps library so that it would not be instantiated twice
1.0.2, November 22, 2014
- renamed Gamajo_Template_Loader to GpsTracker_Gamajo_Template_Loader to avoid namespace clashes with other plugins
- changed from bootstrap container to container-fluid
- added height to buttons
1.0.1, November 10, 2014
- Enabled deleting routes
- Fixed button color
1.0.0, October 27, 2014
- First official release!