Easily setup a full text site search powered by Google.
Normally to setup a Google Custom Search on your site you have to sign up on Google and create the search index. This plugin will do it automatically using Google’s Linked Custom Search Engines
- Works with any WordPress Theme
- No need to setup a Google Custom Search
- No Google account required
- Search results show up on the default search result page.
- Just add the “Google Site Search” widget to your theme.
- Does not replace the default WordPress search. It runs along with it. Use both if you want.
This plugin is built and maintained by SeedProd
- Click Plugins > Add New > search for WordPress Google Custom Search
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Click Appearance > Widgets > Drag the Google Search widget to a widget area.
- Why are ads showing on my search results?
This is because Google puts ads on search results by default. Read more
- No search result are displaying
This mean that no pages from you site are in Google index. Learn how to submit your site.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Google Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Google Search” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: If themes uses the_excert hook into that
- Added a body class
- Initial Release