Friendly Captcha is a privacy-first anti-bot solution that protects WordPress website forms from spam and abuse.
Do you use a captcha like reCAPTCHA to keep out bots? Friendly Captcha is a powerful anti-spam service that blocks spam-bots without annoying captcha images and protects user privacy.
How Friendly Captcha Works
Friendly Captcha is a tool for preventing spam on your website. Other CAPTCHAs are a burden on your users, Friendly Captcha respects your users.
Friendly Captcha is a proof-of-work based anti-bot solution in which the user’s device does all the work. We generate a unique crypto puzzle for each visitor.
Solving it will usually take only a few seconds. As soon as the user starts filling the form it starts getting solved. By the time the user is ready to submit, the puzzle is probably already solved.
Friendly Captcha prevents spam and doesn’t punish real users in doing so.
No personal information
Normal CAPTCHA tasks are not easy for all humans. Our solution works without labeling tasks and is thus accessible to everyone.
Decentralized data processing
Join thousands of organizations in switching to a privacy-first anti-bot solution.
Forms and Plugins Supported
- WordPress Login Form
- WordPress Register Form
- WordPress Lost Password Form
- WordPress Comments
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
If you see an integration that’s missing, please open a pull request:
However, you may wish to email the authors of plugins you’d like to support Friendly Captcha: it will usually take them only an hour or two to add native support if they choose to do so. This will simplify your use of Friendly Captcha, and is the best solution in the long run.
friendly-captchafolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enter your Site Key and API Key in the Friendly Captcha menu in WordPress
- Enable desired Integrations
Q: You don’t support a certain plugin. How can I get support for it added?
A: Open a PR on github: https://github.com/FriendlyCaptcha/friendly-captcha-wordpress or just email the authors of the plugin itself. Adding Friendly Captcha support is typically quite a quick task for most plugins.
Q: Where can I get more information about Friendly Captcha?
A: Please see our website at: https://friendlycaptcha.com/
Contributors & Developers
“Friendly Captcha for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Friendly Captcha for WordPress” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Support for Coblocks added, thank you @amenk!
- The Friendly Captcha settings menu is now under
Settingssection in the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Fix captcha verification not happening for guest WordPress users (i.e. those not logged in) in WordPress Comments, thank you @amenk!
- Fix for some Contact Form 7 users.
- Upgraded to version 0.9.0 of the widget which features a multithreaded solver, which makes the captcha faster for real users.
- Added support Danish and Japanese language.
- Fixed support for Friendly Captcha widgets in multi-page GravityForms forms.
- Added support for Spanish and Catalan language.
- Fixed a bug in the WPForms integration when an error would get displayed to the end-user.
- Added Gravity Forms integration.
- Updated widget to version 0.8.8, which now displays errors in the selected language.
- Added support for Portuguese language.
- Updated widget to version 0.8.4 (which includes a small fix for IE11).
- Added support for Italian language.
- Added dark theme setting.
- Added endpoint selection menu (only relevant for Business and Enterprise).
- The plugin now talks to
friendlycaptcha.com(no user-facing changes).
- Update to widget version 0.8.0, which has improved fake-browser detection and slight styling tweaks.
- Added support for WordPress Comments (both for logged in and guest users).
- Made the default error message shown to users translatable.
- Added localization support (English, German, French and Dutch)
- Added text-transform:none to the widget’s button (so that it is no longer uppercase in some WordPress themes).
- Change required PHP version and update instructions.
- Improvements relating to input and output validation and sanitization.
- Minor bugfixes
- Plugin Created