This is an addon for the Block Editor Customiser which allows you to hide core blocks in the Editor.
Please be aware it is possible to make them visible again if the user has access to the ‘Show more tools and options’
menu where they can select the ‘Block Manager’ to reactivate the blocks hidden by this addon.
If you do not want this to happen the only way of preventing it is to hide the ‘Show more tools and options’ menu item which can
be done from the main settings page in the Block Editor Customiser.
If you want to deactivate or uninstall this addon, then please uncheck all block types that have
been checked, save the changes, and open a post or page before deactivation, otherwise any block types that have
been previously hidden will remain hidden unless displayed using the ‘Block Manager’ mentioned above.
** NOTE: ** This plugin requires version 1.6+ of the Foxdell Folio Block Editor Customiser to work.
This plugin can be installed directly from your site.
- Log in and navigate to Plugins → Add New.
- Type “Foxdell Folio BEC Disable Core Blocks” into the Search and hit Enter.
- Locate the “Foxdell Folio BEC Disable Core Blocks” plugin in the list of search results and click Install Now.
- Once installed, click the Activate link.
It can also be installed manually.
- Download the “Foxdell Folio BEC Disable Core Blocks” plugin from WordPress.org
- Unzip the package and move to your plugins directory.
- Log into WordPress and navigate to the Plugins screen.
- Locate “Foxdell Folio BEC Disable Core Blocks” in the list and click the Activate link.
Q. What core blocks can I disable?
A. Any of the core Block Editor blocks can be disabled.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Foxdell Folio BEC Disable Core Blocks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Foxdell Folio BEC Disable Core Blocks” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First commit