As required in the laws of GDPR, websites aren’t allowed to store unencrypted ip adresses.
But this is the case by default in WordPress. This Plugin prevents the saving of ip adresses and creates a menu item in backend with the opportunity to delete all previous stored ip adresses.
This plugin provides the ability to automatically remove ip addresses after a user-defined time.
The GDPR conformity hasn’t been proved by an lawyer and only reflects the estimation of the author. If you have further questions is legal advice required.
- Click at ‘install’
- Activate the plugin through the plugin menu in WordPress
- Execute the button ‘Delete all comment ip adresses!’ at backend menu ‘Comments’ and submenu ‘Comment ip’.
Contributors & Developers
“GDPR Tools: comment ip removement” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“GDPR Tools: comment ip removement” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “GDPR Tools: comment ip removement” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update to WP 6.0
- FIX: some descriptions
- FIX: Saving for ip adresses now properly working
- UPDATE: Switched menu item to submenu of ‘comments’
- UPDATE: Redesign
- ADD: function to delete all comment ips after user-definable time