Just like the way you can create custom page templates, this plugin enables you to build category archive templates by adding this bit to the top of your file:
<?php /** * Category Template: Grid */ ?>
and when you’re adding or editing categories, you can choose the desired template file.
This plugin is maintained solely for backward compatibility. Try the new Custom Taxonomy Templates instead, it supports all taxonomies and also uses the new term meta feature in WP 4.4.
- Upload the whole plugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Category Templates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix PHP notices
- i18n support
- Implementation of new WP_Theme API
- Fixed a bug concerning body class output. Thanks @Sith Lord Goz!
- Added delete_option method